Machine Learning based Automated Identity verification SolutionFully automated, scalable cloud based solution for fast onboarding of 50K+ new temporary staff
Tata Projects is one of the fastest growing and most admired industrial infrastructure companies in India. The organization is part of highly respected Tata Group. Tata projects has expertise in executing large and complex urban and industrial infrastructure projects. They provide ready-to-deploy solutions for refineries, roads, bridges, integrated rail & metro systems, commercial building & airports, and power generation, transmission & distribution systems, chemical process plants, water & waste management and mining & metal purification systems
Tata projects employ a large number of temporary staff which exceed 50K annual onboarding across various location across the Indian geography. It is critical for the organization to maintain and comply with the onboarding by verifying and storing the documents for all these staff members that includes their Aadhaar card, ESIC, PF and PAN.
The challenges the team faced was:
• The current process of onboarding highly manual with high dependency on local HR personnel for accurate uploading of data.
• Tata Projects has a central team that is responsible to reaudit the updated documents and match whether the Staff entry created has the relevant documents updated. This task is redundant and monotonous
• Image uploads are done through a third party mobile app – Quality of the images are not always clear and readable format
• The ID documents have several formats such as Aadhaar Cards or ESIC forms
Requirement: Create a Machine Learning based solution that achieves the following
• Improves efficiency of the Onboarding process
• Integrate with the existing mobile platform and submit results
• Publish a report by End Of day for non compliances i.e. incorrect documents uploaded or documents not uploaded
• Highly Scalable Serverless Architecture: Integrate the image storage on AWS S3 for the uploaded images which trigger a Lambda function that invokes various AWS ML services such as Textract, Rekognition
• Interface with the mobile platform using APIs from the platform
• Automated report generation for Accuracy and analysis for the management team
• 96% accuracy of the ML based services which has improved efficiency to 90%
• High efficiency with output generated within minutes
• Highly scalable and secure with Serverless infrastructure
• Lowest TCO due to deep expertise & Rapid execution
• Focus on Core Business while we do Heavy Lifting
• Utilize Human Resource for more productive workloads
AWS Services used
cloudmantra used the following AWS Services towards successful project delivery:
• Amazon Sagemaker notebooks to train models and run the algorithm
• AWS Lambda to execute the compute the algorithm for invoking different ML based services for analyzing the images.
• Amazon S3 used to store the Input images uploaded by the representatives. The images are encrypted at rest.
• Amazon Rekogniton is used for analyzing the images for identifying them between different IDs and also extracting text from the images
• Amazon Textract is used to extract the text from the ESIC and Handwritten forms which are uploaded by the team