Digital Transformation for a Traditional Print Media Companywww.esakal.com
Founded by the eminent journalist Dr. N. B. Parulekar, and established in 1932, the Sakal Media Group is the largest independently owned media business in Maharashtra. Headquartered in Pune, the educational and cultural capital of the state, the Sakal Media Group owns and operates newspapers and magazines in Marathi as well as English with a circulation across Maharashtra and Goa.
Sakal has massive content assets created over several decades. The management decided for a Digital Transformation with portals including a marquee news portal with a rapidly growing readership and thus needed stable cloud infra.
The challenges the client team faced was:
• Architect a highly scalable, secure and cost-effective platform and needed external expertise on cloud
• Improved efficiency and shorter Time to Market
• Development partner would need Continuous Integration for deployments
• Hybrid Architecture: Integration of the DC with AWS via VPN across various OS on Windows & Linux platform
• Templatized Deployments: Created templates for deployments for quick deployments of web assets
• Highly Available: Multi-AZ Deployment with Load Balancing and utilizing AWS services
• Highly Scalable: Manage over 15 Million hits a day with Auto Scaling & CloudFront
• Highly Secure: Implemented WAF, Ongoing Assessments, Access Controls
• 24/7 support for the AWS Infrastructure
• Zero Downtime migration to AWS, leading to no Business Impact
• Focus on Core Business while cloudmantra did heavy Lifting
• Lowest TCO due to deep expertise & Rapid execution
• Faster Time to Market due to lower learning curves
• 24/7 Operations leading to faster resolution and thus higher CSAT
AWS Services used
cloudmantra used the following AWS Services towards successful project delivery:
• Amazon EC2 was used initially for Dev Environment and subsequently for production. Autoscaling helped to quickly scale capacity, up and down, as per application requirement.
• Amazon VPC helped in setting up the private network with AWS as it provided requisite security.
• Amazon S3 was used to store and retrieve the massive amount of data/content needed by the media client.
• Amazon CloudFront along with WAF not only accelerated the delivery of content but also in securing the cloud environment.